· SALES & SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS ·
General Shipping Policies
We only ship to the U.S. States and U.S. Territories and we are not a licensed importer or exporter therefore, international shipping is not available. We generally ship via USPS or UPS for shipping and every effort will be made to ship by the most economical method possible. Handguns generally ship by some form of 2nd Day Air unless you pay the added costs for Overnight Shipping. Long guns and general merchandise ship by ground delivery unless you pay the added costs for a more expedient shipping method. Ammunition must be shipped separately from other merchandise due to Federal laws and regulations. We do not warranty any shipping method or guarantee the time of arrival once the order has been shipped. You are responsible for paying any costs for insuring orders that you wish to insure for delivery. Refused deliveries that are returned will be subject to our 20% restocking fee and any other fees.
It is the your responsibility to know the laws where you reside and whether items you intend to purchase are lawful for you to own, possess or purchase there. We will not ship firearms to you unless you are a Federal Firearms License or C&R Licensee and we have a signed copy of your license on file. We will not ship to a P.O. Box for any reason. We will not modify a firearm from its original factory packaging or specification to make it compliant with the laws in a particular geographic location. We will not ship a firearm to a third party to modify it from the original factory packaging or specifications to make complaint with the law in a specific geographical location. We will not sell semi-automatic weapons, certain capacity magazines, or certain ammunition to any government agency or its employees in a specific geographical location where the laws of that geographical location restrict those items from public ownership or possession.
We will not sell, transfer, or ship any firearms, firearm frames or receivers, ammunition, magazines, or other merchandise to residents or government agencies in any of the following geographical locations:
(1) American Samoa
(3) Chicago and/or Cook County, Illinois; City of Highland Park, Illinois; or the City of Aurora, Illinois
(8) New Jersey
(9) New York
(10) U.S. Virgin Islands
(11) Washington, D.C.
We will not sell, transfer, or ship any firearm magazines over the stated capacities to residents or government agencies in any of the following geographical locations:
(1) Colorado (Any magazines over 15 rounds)
(2) South Bend, Indiana (Any magazines over 10 rounds)
(3) Vermont (Any rifle magazines over 10 rounds and handgun magazines over 15 rounds)
Legal Restrictions on Interstate Purchase or Transfer of Firearms
For Interstate purchases or transfers of firearms we follow both Federal and State Laws on the matter.
The Texas law that is relevant to interstate purchase of firearms is Texas Penal Code 46.07 Interstate Purchase:
"A resident of this state may, if not otherwise precluded by law, purchase firearms, ammunition, reloading components, or firearm accessories in another state. This authorization is enacted in conformance with 18 U.S.C. Section 922(b)(3)(A)."
The Federal law that is relevant to interstate purchase of firearms is 18 U.S.C. Section 922(b)(3)(A):
"(b) It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to sell or deliver—
(3) any firearm to any person who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the licensee’s place of business is located, except that this paragraph
(A) shall not apply to the sale or delivery of any rifle or shotgun to a resident of a State other than a State in which the licensee’s place of business is located if the transferee meets in person with the transferor to accomplish the transfer, and the sale, delivery, and receipt fully comply with the legal conditions of sale in both such States (and any licensed manufacturer, importer or dealer shall be presumed, for purposes of this sub-paragraph, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, to have had actual knowledge of the State laws and published ordinances of both States)"
Therefore we will sell or transfer a rifle or shotgun to a citizen of another State so long as it is legal for the person to purchase, receive or possess the rifle or shotgun within their home state and they must pass a NICS background check [The NICS exception for individuals who possess a valid State issued Handgun license does not apply to out of State Licenses, unfortunately].
Ammunition Shipping Requirements
We will only ship ammunition to you if you provide us a copy of your valid State or Federal issued photo ID indicating that you are at least 18 years of age for long gun ammunition or 21 years of age for pistol ammunition. When you buy ammunition, we must have a signed statement you that you are not a person who is prohibited by law from purchasing or possessing ammunition. You cannot purchase or possess ammunition if you have not been pardoned or had your rights restored and you:
1. Are Under Indictment for or have ever been convicted of a felony or a crime punishable by imprisonment for more than one year.
2. Are currently a fugitive from justice. (Including misdemeanor warrants outstanding)
3. Are an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substances.
4. Have ever been adjudicated mentally defective or committed to a mental institute.
5. Have ever been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
6. Are the subject of an order restraining them from harassing, stalking, or threatening their child or intimate partner, or a child of such partner.
7. Have ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
8. Have ever renounced their United States Citizenship.
9. Are not an alien residing illegally in the United States.
Additional Shipping Regulations and Restrictions by Common Carriers:
Handguns may not be shipped by private individuals except to a licensed firearms dealer, exporter, importer, or manufacturer or to certain military or government officers. Handguns must otherwise be shipped from an FFL holder to another FFL holder.
Rifles and Shotguns may be sent to themselves in another state or to themselves and in care of a resident of the other state for them. The package must:
1. not contain any external markings indicating that it contains a firearm.;
2. bear a return service requested endorsement;
3. be sent either priority mail express or registered mail;
4. include insurance for at least $200 or require signature confirmation of receipt.
FedEx and UPS Policies-
Handguns must be sent by 2nd Day Air or Overnight delivery. All firearms must either be sent to an FFL holder or from an FFL holder. The package may not contain any external markings indicating that it contains a firearm. A firearm must be shipped from an authorized FedEx or UPS service center or the FFL may have the item picked up at their place of business by their route delivery driver. A simple package shipping store may not accept a firearm for shipment through either FedEx or UPS.
© 2020 ETS ARMS | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED